Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Old School...................

Maybe it's my age but I do enjoy some of the older model kits that may not be as up to date in production methods as todays model kits are.

We all want that High End Tamiya "Shake'N Make" quality in the box we have ordered from the internet retailer. Well, let's face it, how many of us actually buy our model kits from a shop any more? OK, that's a discussion for another day. (I will write a post on that and post a link here in due course.)

The point is, now and then we come across a kit from childhood that we want to enjoy again and hopefully do a better job of it this time!

I once owned a lovely 1/48 Monogram P-80C Shooting Star, it was build by me when I was about 10 years old and I painted it navy blue all over, for no other reason than I liked the colour. I remember building it and playing with it, it was a fun model.

Fast forward to adulthood and the kit is found again on an internet auction site for a good price. So I got some nice decals to replace the less than useful kit ones and began to build this kit with no frills. Just a plain old fashioned build it and paint it approach.

It really was a breath of fresh air!