Wednesday, 14 October 2015

A long time ago, from a workbench far, far away..........................




Hello!
Remember Return of the Jedi?

It was the one where we found out what Darth Vader's face looked like, we saw Princess Leia in a bikini and the Empire had Scout Troopers roaming the forests of Endor on the coolest flying bikes we have ever seen!



The Imperial Speeder bike was one of the stars of the film, flying at 150MPH at low level through the giant redwood forest. I had a toy one when I was a kid, and my kid had one too!


He has seen the old AMT/ERTL kit in my stash many times and asked me when I'm going to build it? After seeing an incredible build of the new Bandai Speeder Bike on Britmodeller recently I was inspired to dig my old 80's model and see if I could make a half decent replica of the famous movie machine.
To enhance my build, I repositioned the figures head, right arm, scratch built a blaster pistol, boot holster and back armour. The base is made up of wood and ferns taken and preserved from my garden on top of a stock MDF base.

This build was great fun to do and my son and the rest of the family greatly enjoy it.