Wednesday, 14 October 2015

WORK IN PROGRESS. Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-10.

I thought as I am now back at the bench I would do something a little different, rather than post WIP threads on various forums I will post a step by step build here of a model I know I am going to enjoy.

Until my friend Frank talked me into having a look at Luftwaffe aircraft a year or so ago, I wasn't keen because I had real trouble with those WWII German paint schemes. With a lot of patience  and advice my friend taught me how to get better results from my airbrush and achieve painting effects I never thought I would be to do. 

So I have a couple of 109's under my belt now and after having such a great time working on the 1/32 Hasegawa Bf-109 K4  Santa gave me last Christmas I knew I would want to build another one!

I came across a build of a 109 G-10 earlier this year that really inspired me it was marked as RED 2 of JG 300 and named "Rita" I loved the markings and set about finding a kit and decals in 1/32 scale. Unfortunately, no matter where I looked I just couldn't find these markings and a Hasegawa G-10 was prohibitory expensive here in the UK. 

I had more or less given up on the idea when I got an email from my amazing friend who not only found the kit I wanted but it came with the JG 300 markings and etched brass parts too! A limited edition Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 G-10 landed on my workbench some weeks later and I've been dying to build this kit ever since!
I owe my mate big time! This kit is as rare as hens teeth! 

So here it is!




Now it's time to get building!