Friday, 13 November 2015

Bf 109 G-10 "Rita" WIP .


Hello again! After a long repaint session at the workbench I finally got the mottle pattern to a point where I was happy with it.
The first attempt was a bit too coy and after taking advice from a wiser modeller than I, I was advised to re-do the mottle spots and enlarge them.
This I did and I also made a start on the markings for "Rita".
The Hasegawa decals went down well and I have applied the usual Micro Set and Micro Sol solutions to the decals in order to get them to hug the surface of the airframe. I have included a few shots of where I am at with this build and I must say I am really enjoying this one! I have also been working on the landing gear and hope over the course of the weekend to get the model gloss coated so that I may start the weathering process.

Here's the pics, you should be able to see the differences in the older/newer mottle  scheme now!






Hope you enjoyed this update, I'll be back again soon with some more progress. Until then, happy modelling!