Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Ready for Inspection: Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 G-10.



Hello!

I am pleased to inform you that I have finally completed my 1/32 scale Bf 109 G-10!
This model is made from the Hasegawa kit that my good friend Frank sent to me whilst I was injured last year.

I had wanted to build this particular 109 for ages! When I fist saw a model of "RITA"/Red 2, I just knew I had to build it! The trouble was that at that time I could not fnd a kit with these markings or an aftermarket decal sheet.

Luckily enough I have a great friend who kindly sourced this kit for me and sent it to me as a gift. I was absolutely delighted!

This Hasegawa kit is a joy to build! You can see my WIP posts for this build right here on this blog. I only added a minimum of parts to this build as the OOB model is very well detailed already. As this kit was a Dragon USA release, it included a sheet of photo-etch brass to enhance the model. My only additions were the scratch built canopy mechanisms to dress the cockpit interior.

I painted the model with Mr. Hobby Colour acrylics in RLM 74,75,76. I think these are just about the best paints on the market. I owe John from Models R Go  a huge thank you for sourcing these fantastic paints for me! If you want buy these paints in the UK, he's the man to talk to!

Weathering was done with my usual home made washes and paint chipping was applied with Prismacolour pencils and Tamiya aluminum using a fine brush. The mottling was airbrushed free-hand and I used wartime photographs of the aircraft as a reference.

This Bf 109 G-10 was a late war fighter flown by Feldwebel Eberhard Gzik of 2./JG 300 based in Borkheide, Germany during 1944.

Here is Red 2 / "RITA" as she was in 1944:


..............And here is my finished model. It is one of my favourite all time builds! 

















Well, there you go! Another one finished and a modelling ambition realised! I hope you have enjoyed this build as much as I have! Please feel free to share your thoughts via mail,   G+ or the blogs comments section.