Monday, 11 April 2016

READY FOR INSPECTION: Fleet Air Arm AVENGER





Hello and welcome back! Today sees the completion of my 1/48 Accurate Miniatures Grumman Avenger.


This Avenger is JZ670 "AHBX" of 707 Squadron Fleet Air Arm. She was an Avenger Mk.III and she can be seen in the photograph below during her time at HMS Ringtail in West Lancashire, England.

Avenger Mk.III at HMS Ringtail 1945.

If you are a regular reader you will know that I began work on this model about a month ago and I needed to modify the kit slightly to get it to FAA standard. This involved installing an observers seat behind the pilots position. After that it was simply a case of building the rest of the kit from the instructions and using the aftermarket decals. The paint was my own shade of Gloss Sea Blue mixed from Tamiya acrylics. 

This project is a subject close to my heart and I am very happy with the finished model. I hope you enjoy the photo's of the finished model as much as I enjoyed the build. 

Take care and happy modelling!

Darren.