Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Work In Progress: Fleet Air Arm Avenger


Hello and welcome to my latest WIP update! Here are a few pics of my 1/48 Accurate Miniatures Grumman Avenger Mk.III.

This kit has seemed to have taken forever to move on to its next stage, however I have now attached the landing gear and I have begun to weather the airframe. 

As this is a dark blue wrap around scheme I opted for a dark grey panel wash and drybrushing treatment. This was further enhanced by paint chipping in high wear area's on the aircraft. (I still need to do the exhaust and landing gear stains.)

All this has been sealed in with a coat of Tamiya semi-gloss clear, although these Avengers were painted to a gloss finish, I wanted to scale the effect down a little. 

When this last coat is dry I will be able to remove all the masks and get this build finished at last! 

Here is how the build looks so far........





I hope you like how this one is coming together, look out for another WIP post soon.

Happy Modelling!

Darren.