Monday, 1 August 2016

A Jug, Two Hummers and some figure painting too!

Hello!

It's been a while since my last post, I have been inundated with work so hobby time has been at a premium. Needless to say, to have an evening to myself at the bench has been most welcome!

The Jug:

 My Revell/Momogram P-47N. The last time I showed you this model, I was having some trouble with the natural metal finish and I had to strip back and repaint certain area's of the airframe. 

I have been using AK Interactive Xtreme Metal paint for the NMF and I have to say I think the paint is superb. My problem was that I did not prepare my surfaces properly and every little blemish stood out like a flashing hazard light! 



Well, I had to sand that sucker back right down to the plastic and start again! It was a total ball ache but I got it done! 

So with the xtreme metal dry, I set about masking up and adding the O/D Green and Yellow panels. I used Tamiya acrylics for this. 


I still have a long way to go, but she's getting there at last! Here is how she looks now:






The Two Hummers:

Work still continues with my Generation Kill diorama, I have done a little more work to the display base and I am adding all the little details here and there, here is how they are looking this week:





And some figure painting too!

Yes, I am still working on the figures to go with my Hummvee's. Here is one I have almost finished now.........



So, that's all for this update, stay tuned for the next one! 

Happy Modelling!

Darren.