Thursday, 25 August 2016

Too Big & Too Heavy! A Work In Progress.

Hello!

This evening gave me the time to continue work on my Revell/Monogram 1/48 P-47N Thunderbolt.

The kit decals are old and not the best, so I have mixed and matched the box decals with an aftermarket sheet from SuperScale. The aim is to have these really nice colourful markings look good on the model and to replicate the real aircraft as it would have been based on the pacific islands all those years ago.

So I now have all the decals on the airframe and they have received a nice coat of Microsol solution to soak in that should hopefully get all of the decals to snuggle down. Then I can gloss the model and set about the weathering process. I may pose this model on a display base, a scene from Le Shima perhaps?

We'll see how this build goes..........In the meantime, check out my latest progress pics and Happy modelling!

Darren.