Monday, 17 October 2016

Cobra: Work in progress.


I don't know about everyone else, but I am so busy these days that time in the studio is at a premium. Nonetheless, I have managed to steal an hour or two over the weekend to continue with my 1/35 USMC AH-1W Cobra.

First up, I have finished the nose gun. I did consider purchasing an aftermarket part for this, however with some very careful drilling of the gun barrels and some metallic paint, in this case Mr.Hobby Burnt Iron dry brushed with Tamiya Aluminium, I feel that the kit part stands up to scrutiny.

I have also finished painting the underwing rocket pods, these were painted and weathered in my usual fashion with some text added using white oil paint.

 Next came the tricky bit.......adding these beautiful Two Bobs Decals. If any of you build this kit using these markings in the future please do not add the landing skids to the airframe until the snake decal has been added! Believe me, your life will be easier! 
Still, after a struggle, I have got the snake decal on both sides of the airframe and it is beginning to conform to the airframe surface with generous helpings of Micro-sol decal solution.......

Hopefully, I'll have this bad boy finished soon! Take care and Happy Modelling!