This weekend has blessed me with some time to myself and I have enjoyed some downtime in the studio. It has been cold in my part of the world, so the heating is on full blast and I have been cracking on with my desert diorama depicting the Long Range Desert Group.
I had previously made up my display base and applied groundwork to simulate sand. However, after looking at similar builds of the same subject I came to the conclusion that I needed to improve my groundwork for this diorama.
After viewing an excellent tutorial from scalewarmachines.com which demonstrated the use of Vallejo Sand textured paste I decided I would try this method myself to see if I could improve the realism of my diorama.
You can see the video here:
Here is how I got on......