Tuesday, 14 March 2017

MERKAVA!



Hello!

As promised in my last post, here is my completed 1/35 Academy IDF Merkava Mk.III.
This kit was a gift my friend Eric who wanted to see what I could do with a modern armour kit. Well, as regular readers of this blog will know I am more of an aircraft modeller so my knowledge and skills towards armour subjects is somewhat limited!

Academy's Merkava Mk.III

Nonetheless, I found Academy's Mk.III to be an enjoyable build and learning about the fearsome IDF Merkava was of great interest to me. This main battle tank is designed to keep its crew safe and deliver a deadly powerful punch to it's enemy with speed and accuracy!

The real IDF Merkava Mk.III

The kit was a straightforward build and I was impressed with the models surface textures and details. I used Vallejo acrylics Sinai Grey to paint the tank and it was weathered with a combination of enamel washes, dry brushing with acrylic paints and a very thinned mist of sand coloured airbrushed over the model to blend everything in. I also added a crew figure from MENG's modern IDF tank crew set. The finished model was set on the display base I finished in my last post.

Here is the completed model, I hope you enjoy it.

Happy Modelling!

Darren.